1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
In order to provide you with the full range of DMG services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
· what information DMG may collect about you;
· how DMG will use information we collect about you;
· whether DMG will disclose your details to anyone else;
· when DMG may use your details to contact you;
· your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information which you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will DMG collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from DMG, such as newsletters, updates, competitions, subscriptions, ordering products, offers, live chats, message boards, surveys or online registration we may ask for personal information about you, which we may collect and process. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services or web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable DMG and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
We may also use and collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for some of our website services including for system administration, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (see section 3: How will DMG use the information they collect about me? and section 12: Cookies Policy below).
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We may also collect and process details of your visits to the Website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
3. How will DMG use the information they collect about me?
DMG will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
· for service administration purposes, which means that DMG may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5: When will DMG contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
· to notify you of changes to our service;
· to personalise or improve the way DMG content and advertising is presented to you online:
o DMG may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see section 12: Cookies Policy below) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience, sometimes including the display of selected ads which are appropriate to your browsing pattern. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you;
o IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
o to analyse and improve the services offered by a DMG website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience; See section 12: Cookies Policy below for further details of this activity by DMG.
· to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
· to meet product orders or requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up to date;
· where you have specifically consented to be contacted for these purposes, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in;
· to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf; and where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
Where DMG proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. HOW IS MY DATA STORED AND Will DMG share my personal information with anyone else?
Where we have given you (or where you have chose) a password which enable you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may disclose your data to any member of our group, which means any subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. The data processors to whom we may pass your data will be 2 entertain group companies and appropriately contracted third parties. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7: Offensive or inappropriate content on DMG's websites below.
DMG will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and DMG will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Where we share your information with 2 entertain group and third party companies which are situated outside the EEA we will ensure they treat your information with the same protection we do.
5. When will DMG contact me?
DMG may contact you:
· in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that DMG can deliver the services to you;
· in relation to any contribution you have made to any DMG website, message board or other service;
· where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence;
· to invite you to participate in surveys about DMG services (participation is always voluntary);
· to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and DMG; and
· for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see section 6: Will I be contacted for marketing purposes? below).
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
DMG won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on DMG's websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a DMG website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, DMG may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where DMG reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), DMG may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide personal information to DMG. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will DMG keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of DMG's websites, you may do so by following the "unsubscribe" instructions on the relevant website. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Where you contribute to a DMG service or website, DMG will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. Can I find out what personal information DMG holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information DMG holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in provide you with details of the information we hold about you and we will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. Cookies Policy
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website or third party service provider used by the website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website or third party service provider to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites or other third party service providers.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. They also enable us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interest, to speed up your searches, and to recognise you when you return to our website. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the DMG features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Digital Dept. Demon Music Group Ltd., 33 Foley Street, London, W1W 7TL