Daniel O’Donnell has been celebrating 30 years in the ‘business’ in 2011 and with another Top 10 album under his belt earlier this year, he still remains one of the most consistent and popular recording artists of a generation.
Daniel O’Donnell is one of a select few recording artists who can lay claim to having sold more than 3.5 MILLION units in the UK this millennium.
Daniel has now amassed fifteen Top 30 albums – eleven of them Top 10 – since January 2000, a feat not achieved by ANY other recording Artist in the UK Album Chart.
‘The Ultimate Collection’ is Daniel’s first ‘best of’ since 1998 and this album is a 40 track 2CD collection, personally selected by Daniel. It features five of his Top 40 hits, many fan favourites from his enormous back-catalogue, as well as ten brand new songs, two of which were recorded live in Nashville in 2011 and a brand new version of his favourite song, ‘My Donegal Shore’.
Daniel’s continuing run of charting albums has meant that he is the only artist to have charted at least one album every year since 1988 and as such breaks his own record of achievements.
• Daniel O’Donnell has had 15 Top 20 albums in 12 years
• Daniel O’Donnell is the only artist to have charted an album every year from 1988-2011
• Daniel O’Donnell has sold 3 MILLION albums this millennium
• Daniel O’Donnell has reached the UK Albums chart with more than 30 albums
• Daniel O’Donnell is one the UK’s Top 60 Best Selling Albums Artists of the 21st Century
• Daniel O’Donnell has spent more than 300 weeks in the UK Albums chart
• Daniel O’Donnell celebrates 30 years in the industry as a recording and performing Artist