You Belong To Me (Digital)
Please note, territorial restrictions may apply to this product.
- It is rare indeed that an entertainer comes along and captivates an audience in the spectacular fashion Jane McDonald has. Jane’s big break came in 1997 when she was asked to perform as top of the bill on the cruise ship The Galaxy, onboard which BBC Television was making a documentary.
- Jane became one of the main focal points of the BBC1 programme ‘The Cruise’, which transmitted in the early months of 1998. The series was so popular that it finished its twice weekly airing with an audience of 12 million viewers and Jane McDonald emerged as a star. Her debut album entered the UK album chart at No.1.
- The Golden Girl has returned to the studio to record her first new album in three years; a tribute to the great female song stylists who appeared in the British and American charts from the early 1950s through to the mid-1960s. The album also showcases Jane’s song writing, as the album includes four self-penned songs. The album’s co-producers include Gary Stevenson, whose credits range from Go West and Rick Astley in the 1980s to the Fast Food Rockers in the noughties!
- Classics originally recorded by Connie Francis, Shirley Bassey, Petula Clark, Kitty Kallen and Dusty Springfield get the Jane McDonald treatment. As an all-round entertainer, Jane’s popularity stretches across the spectrum, with being an ‘Aunt’s favourite, a housewives survival role model and a gay icon with a massive following. This album includes songs deliberately selected to appeal to her fan base and Jane has succeeded in producing a unique and exciting album.
- ‘You Belong To Me’ followed the success of her previous albums proving again her popularity as a household name.
|| ||Give Me Time|
|| ||Where The Boys Are|
|| ||Little Things Mean A Lot|
|| ||Kiss Me Honey, Honey, Kiss Me|
|| ||(There's) Always Something There To Remind Me|
|| ||It Must Be Him|
|| ||This Is My Song|
|| ||Blame It On The Bossa Nova|
|| ||You’re Breaking My Heart|
|| ||You Belong To Me|
|| ||I See It In Your Eyes (Duet with Nik Page)|
|| ||When I Look At You|
|| ||Kiss Me One More Time|
|| ||Behind Closed Doors||