DOWNLOAD FROM ITUNES!
- Crystal Gayle is one of the most consistently successful country stars ever (also known for her trademark ankle-length hair and for being the sister of Loretta Lynn), scoring 52 hit singles (and counting) on the Billboard Country Charts, including 34 Top Ten entries, eighteen of which reached # 1. Crystal still tours all the year round, and all around the world.
· Edsel is proud to announce a reissue programme of her nine albums (originally released on the Columbia, Elektra and Warner Bros labels between 1979 and 1988) over five releases. None of these albums have been available in the UK or US for over ten years.
- Both albums on this first pairing were produced by country music legend Allen Reynolds (producer for Garth Brooks, Don Williams, Kathy Mattea, Emmylou Harris and many more) with the backing of Nashville’s finest session musicians, and a selection of songs from Nashville’s finest songwriters.
- “Miss The Mississippi”, released in October 1979, peaked at # 3 in the country charts and spawned three hit singles: “It’s Like We Never Said Goodbye” (# 1), “Half The Way” (# 2), and “The Blue Side” (# 8). “These Days” (September 1980) reached # 6 and produced two # 1 singles in “Too Many Lovers” and “If You Ever Change Your Mind”, and “Take It Easy” (# 17), as well interesting covers of Bobby Bland’s “Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City” and B.B King’s “I Just Can’t Leave Your Love Alone”.
· The booklet contains all the lyrics and credits, and is extensively annotated by Country Music People magazine’s Tony Rounce. There will be ads in Uncut, Record Collector and Country Music People.